Friday, December 25, 2009

What Christmas means?

"A timeless truth which will remains in my heart regardless of where I am or what I do because His love remains the same yesterday, today, tomorrow and forever!"

Having Christmas at a different place doesn’t really make Christmas any different I supposed. That is if the meaning of Christmas has a special place in your heart. Sad to say, it didn’t snow since the 9th of December so I didn’t get to try out what it is like to have a white Christmas. I did go out for a walk in the afternoon to feel the winter breeze and the ambience of Christmas. The Christmas lightings at Shibuya, Daikyuyama and Shinjuku were pretty but it was still a little disappointing. To add to it, Christmas day isn’t a public holiday here in Japan.

I spent this Christmas Eve having dinner with my host family and close friend's family after which, we attended a church service. After all, Christmas is a time of sharing and most importantly, the day of remembrance of our Lord Jesus Christ who being God was born in the form of the human being to be with us which explained why He is also called Emmanuel. This is so that many through Him can come to have a loving relationship with God. For it is through Christ that Many Are Saved which explains why it is known as Christ.M.A.S. For it is written:

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son
(Jesus), that whoever believes in Him (Jesus) should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16

The existence of Christ is not only written in the Living Word of God, the Bible. It is also recorded in the books of history. However, what draws me to Him is that Christ came down to die for us, sinners so that His blood can cleanse us from all our sins. Not because we deserve it but solely because of His unconditional love for us. To me, this is already beyond what I can image for the love shown is indeed the greatest love ever exhibited!

As a friend, this is my way of sharing my love with you and to give you my best wishes that you too may come to a loving relationship with God! May the peace of Christmas be with you next Christmas wherever you are and whatever you do. God bless!


P.S. The above is written on Christmas of 2002 when I was in Japan. Hope you had a Blessed Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment