Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The God that touches hearts - Philippine IV

This is the 4th week of the Evangelistic Campaign in Philippine. The harvest indeed is plentiful and so ready! Will also come and see the harvest field for yourself? Our 4th stop - Leyte!

3rd Aug, Mon
The morning ferry at 5.45am still did not depart for Leyte. We were set to sail at 11am and the Lord was good as we were allow to sail on the condition that if the sea gets rough, we will have to turn back. We managed to set foot on Leyte at last but we had a rough ride as some of us got dizzy from it. The good part was there wasn't any other activity today.

4th Aug, Tue
We started off with the colleague with room to room evangelism. In my first room was a teacher who actually recognised me as I have spoken to his other batch of students last year. It only goes to show that the ground here has yet to be penetrated and contaminated.

Pastor Mike and Benji went to the Southern part of Leyte in which many of students probably have not heard of the Gospel before.

Since last year after my visit here, I always felt the harvest here is ready to be reap. Do pray for laborers to be raised that more can listen to the Word in Leyte!

5th Aug, Wed
It was a nation wide holiday as it was the burial day of the ex-president. Everyone of us does have this final appointment - Death. This is perhaps the reason why I am here as the reality of perishing in eternity remains real to me.

We went to a colleague to do beach street evangelism instead as they were having a carnival. I wasn't with them but at about 4plus we started to do group evangelism as the crowd was starting to settle down on the big football field. The time was up and we were supposed to head down to another church for their prayer meeting but I just felt led to stay on and continue as the time for harvest was right as the crowd had begin to settle down.

Jesus loves them all, right?

6th Aug, Thu
In the 1st colleague and 1st classroom I spoke to, there was a girl who said she could not believe in Jesus a 100% but 70% only. I asked her why and she started to teared as she replied me that she couldn't understand why she is in her current situation - in a broken home. It broke my heart as I understand how she might have felt as I am from the same background. I started to spend more time with this class than my usual rounds letting them know that God has a plan and really loves everyone of them which is why I am here in the Philippine now. Do keep her in prayer.

In the afternoon, 1 of the high school class actually came searching and invited me into their class. I asked them if anyone has shared with them and it turn out that it was Daphne who spoke to them last year! It was good to see the fruits of last year as they were pretty sure of their way to Heaven! Do you?

I just spend some time to reassure them again. It will be good to see these high school students growing in the grace, love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus. Do keep the follow up in Leyte in prayer.

The next class was a year 1 class which consist of students as young as 12. I had to be really simple but it was just a joy to see them coming to Jesus in child-like faith!

7th Aug, Fri
We split up into 2 teams and managed to cover 7 high schools! It was a major hectic day as we were fighting for time as well. The last high school was a tough group as their 2nd to 4th year students had some students who were just unable to pay attention. However, the Lord still works in the midst of it as 1 girl was simply tearing away when I asked for decision to be made for Jesus.

All are precious to Him!

8th Aug, Sat
Our campaign in Leyte ended today with a few mass and a few classrooms evangelism. The Lord was good to us in land of Leyte as we see how He just open doors for us to preach the Gospel and see many coming to know Him personally. We had a good time moving forward on our knees in prayers which was much needed as well. Do keep this place in prayer!

9th Aug, Sun
It was a full day of church activities. In our Uth Group meeting, it was encouraging to see how the Lord had worked in the heart and open the eyes of Jeremy, Jill and Melody as they shared their testimonies. We took a night ferry to Cebu for our flight to Davao. It was a big ferry and there was bed for us to sleep in. It was pretty cool and fun to me.

In Leyte, Cebu, Bohol & Negros:
Number of souls who heard the Gospel: 9,307
Number of souls who trusted Jesus: 6,802

Total Number of souls who heard the Gospel thus far: 39,570
Total Number of souls who trusted Jesus thus far: 27,578

We are currently in Davao in which it is a very different ground. Do keep us in prayer that many doors will be open as we continue to labour to share the Gospel in truth, simplicity and love that many more may come to the saving knowledge of Christ! It is our last week and do keep the health of the team in prayer!

It has been 4 weeks since I am away. If you are from GLCC, do say, "Hi!" to my sister if you see her! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment