Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Goodness of God - Philippine III

God continue to shows His goodness as He look into all our individual needs as we continue to hit into the 3rd week of the Evangelistic Campaign! 3rd stop - Cebu!

27 Jul, Mon
We entered into a day of rest which means that there is absolutely no travelling (which is consider as work as it can be rather taxing) not to mention any form of evangelism. It was a much needed rest as Yu Fei was down with fever, cough and flu since Saturday. My buddy Benji share the Good News to a guy from Syria though and he made a profession in Christ! All are precious in His sight!

28 Jul, Tue
God knew we still needed the rest as there was no schedule lined up for us. We had to send Yu Fei and Jeremy to the clinic as it had been getting rather bad for them. Moreover, Jill and Melody seems to have caught the bug too. A good time was spend in prayer in the late afternoon.

29 Jul, Wed
We had to send Melody and Jill to the clinic as they too have caught the bacteria that has been spreading around Philippine. However, in the afternoon, doors were open for classroom evangelism. 1 of the high school we went to made me ponder how much they can really learn there? It really goes to show how fortunate we are back home in Singapore!

30 Jul, Thu
My body started to ache as we travelled to the mountain area. Yes, the bacteria has caught up with me. We started evangelising to the students who were having their free time. The Lord was good as I managed to talk to a good bunch of people. I managed to talk to a few group but by the end of it, I knew my body was going down. The truth was I was crying out to the Lord for deliverance as the bacteria was just deadly!

31 Jul, Fri
I woke up with a mild fever and had to rest for the day. We traveled and stayed in the hostel of the University in the southern part of Cebu the night before as we were going to do our evangelism there. The people were just hungry for the Word of God as they were receptive and many responded to the Lord in this campus! It seems that the Spirit of God is moving in this Campus mightily! Who knows a revival might just break out from this campus?!?

1 Aug, Sat
I have got a sweet surprise in the morning and am thankful for everyone in the team who made it quite special. "Us" taking photos in my sleeping attire. Really appreciate it - Thanks to all who gave me a surprising morning (Though some of them might never read it)!

Ben and Ven went to Leyte and Bohol respectively the day before as we had mass evangelism there. They preach to 2 big crowds and we thank God for it. The rest of us are on a day off and I managed to finished the book, "Calvary Road" by Roy Hession. I supposed the Lord had me to rest so I could finish reading this book. May the stiff necked "I" continue to be bend to the loving "C" that it is not I but Christ that lives in and through me!

Every believer of Jesus should read this book!

2 Aug, Sun
We went back to the University of Cebu and it became a classroom evangelism instead of mass evangelism just like the previous year. Somehow, the Lord is also working in this school as we preached to the ROTC (Reserve Officer Training Cadets) students and got great response! In addition, we have also found great favor with the officers there as well. Praise the Lord for the good week we have in Him!

In Cebu, Bohol & Leyte:
Number of souls who heard the Gospel: 8,640
Number of souls who trusted Jesus: 6,219

Total Number of souls who heard the Gospel thus far: 30,262
Total Number of souls who trusted Jesus thus far: 20,776

We were supposed to be on our way to Leyte right now but because of bad weather, our ferry has been re-schedule to tomorrow, 11am. Kindly pray for good weather as we will need it especially from this coming Thursday to Sunday as we have special travel arrangements!

Continue to keep the spiritual and physical health of the team in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment