Monday, July 27, 2009

The personal God who loves all - Philippine II

This is a different approach from my last write up on the Evangelism Campaign I am on as it is more of a personal account of what has taken place for myself in Bohol as I have got more time for personal evangelism. However, the Lord has been good as doors were open for the 1st time on Bohol for class room evangelism. 2nd stop - Bohol!

21 Jul, Mon
I managed to speak with the driver who was driving us around for the first 2 days. To begin with, we prayed for his Salvation and half way through the journey, I got to sit besides him and started to talk to him about God. Our conversation was cut off as we had to buy lunch. After lunch, I managed to catch up on where we left the conversation and God is always good as the driver made a profession in our Lord Jesus Christ.

22 Jul, Tue
Our amplifier broke down due to our carelessness but the Lord is good as He showed Himself strong by providing us with another amplifier. This is the night where we see the mass evangelism packed to the brim for the movie night and many entering into the Kingdom of God!

23 Jul, Wed
The Lord lead me to talk to a waitress who served us dinner and I found out that she is a Pastor's daughter. She has been discouraged by some events and people which many of us find ourselves in at times. God was gracious as He used me to be an encourage to this sister-in-Christ. In the midst of encouraging her, I am reminded that I too need to fix my eyes on the Lord regardless of the circumstances.

24 Jul, Thu
My knee started to sore on me due to certain reason and the fatigue was running in. I didn't managed to do much but God is still good as I managed to talk to 1 guy and 2 gals respectively. It is always a honour to be able to do personal or to a smaller group evangelism as joy will fill your heart upon seeing their eyes light up after they received the Lord as their Saviour.

25 Jul, Fri
I didn't managed to do much today as well as I had to go extend my visa in the afternoon. However, the Lord is good once again as He led me to this girl who had wanted to join our Gospel night but couldn't make it as she is staying rather far away. She is definitely seeking and had wanted to know the truth hidden behind the traditions in which she is brought up in this country. Immediately after accepting Christ into her heart, her face light up with appreciation as she tells me, "Thank you". The truth indeed will set us free!

26 Jul, Sat
I went into a classroom by the invitation of the students as their teacher had not arrived yet. Half way through the sharing he came and I asked him for permission to continue. He graciously allowed me to continue and even joined in to listen to the Gospel. He too chose to depend solely on our Lord Jesus!

In the midst of another sharing, at the end of the invitation, a teacher came and wanted to stop it all. By the hands of God, I managed to round it up at the right timing and only to find out about this incident after we left the school.

Our God is a Sovereign God!!!

27 Jul, Sun
We said our "Goodbyes" to the SMCI and their Uth group in Bohol as we headed to Cebu. If there is anything I can say about this Uth group, it is passion! Without passion, we will just continue to be luke warm and not be able to excel for the Lord! Continue to keep this Uth group in prayer!

In Bohol:
Number of souls who heard the Gospel: 8,640
Number of souls who trusted Jesus: 6,219

Total Number of souls who heard the Gospel thus far: 24,032
Total Number of souls who trusted Jesus thus far: 17,437

Half the team has left us on Saturday. We are taking a 2 days break today and tomorrow from the campaign before we start work in Cebu followed by Leyte and Davao.

Prayer Request:
a) Recovery for Yu Fei down with fever
b) Recovery for Jeremy down with cough
c) Recovery for PM down who just hurt his toe today
d) Recovery for myself as I am down with a headache as I am writing this

Continue to keep the whole team in prayer especially for strength and good health. Will try my best to keep you updated next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment